"You guys have been great. Certainly the best agents we've dealt with over years of renting" - Miriam Browne
How to Apply
- Take a look at our Available Properties and make a Shortlist
- Contact Us to make an inspection time to view the property
- To make things easier for yourself, check out 'Info you need to know...' and 'Info you should know...' for some helpful hints
- Use the Checklist to ensure you have ALL the essential supporting documentation
- Then after you have inspected the properties complete the Application Form including Tenancy Reference Check which will help us confirm your rental history
- Then you can submit your application by emailing it to email@example.com or dropping it into one of our offices
- If you have any queries, you can Ask Us a Question
- You might also like to take a look at Our Commitment which explains our philosophy, values & commitment to you as a client and prospective tenant of Leah Jay
We sincerely hope we can help you with your search. We understand it may be more than a little frustrating at times, particularly in the case of some properties, where we receive literally dozens of applications.
Info you need to know…
- Before your application can be considered you must inspect the property/ies. To book an inspection please Contact Us
- You can list up to four properties on one Application Form. You can also ask for the application to be used for any of the other available properties you find
- We will be in contact as soon as possible to inform you whether your application has been successful or unsuccessful
- If approved for a property, you will then have 24 hours to secure it by paying a holding deposit at our office
Properties are often leased very quickly... in some cases the day they become available. You may even find they go before you get time to put an application in. Why? Because in order to turn properties around rapidly and to inform people looking at the property, the process is expedited. Despite our very best efforts to prevent disappointment and frustration (which we often share), it may be unavoidable.
But sometimes your application is held up... while we process applications as quickly as possible, there can be delays. This might be due to the number of applications received or because we are required to wait for final approval from the owners. We do genuinely understand the anxiety and frustration of house-hunting, so we try our best to help where we can.
The best thing you can do in any case... if you find a property you really want, is to get your application in immediately and make sure you include as much information as possible. This will maximise your chance of getting the property. You can also use the same application for another property if need be.
Your preferred appointment times are not always available... while we will always try, it is unlikely that we will be able to make appointments for inspections for the same day you contact us. This applies particularly to Saturdays, where we are often booked days in advance. Of course you are welcome to attend any properties Open For Inspection.
If you’re not from this area... sometimes it is better to spend a little time checking websites and newspapers first; find out when inspections are being conducted so that you can plan your day and make more effective use of your time. And get an early start on the day!
For more information, the Department of Fair Trading has produced a New Tenant Checklist, which may provide some helpful information in how to approach your new tenancy.