1. When will funds be transferred to my bank account?
The 25th of each month; if the 25th falls on a weekend or public holiday, the day before. If you also receive mid-month payments, that will continue, on the 10th of each month.
2. Which account will funds be deposited into?
The same account used by your previous Property Manager. If you would prefer another account to be used, please advise us of the details immediately.
3. When will I receive my statements?
Your statements will be issued to you after each payment is made to your account. The statement will arrive from an email address you don’t recognise – email@example.com. We recommend you add this to your approved sender list.
Please ensure you keep both your mid-month and end-of-month statements for your records as the information is cleared when each statement is issued.
4. How will my tenants pay their rent?
We can accommodate most payment methods, however, we prefer tenants to use the DEFT system. This provides automated identifiable payment options.
5. Who will look after my property?
You will be notified in writing as to who your Leah Jay Property Manager will be. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. My previous Property Manager paid my council rates, water usage, and strata levies, will I need to organise a change of address?
No, if this has been in practice, we will write to the various authorities and arrange for notices to be sent to our office so that we can make the payments on your behalf.
7. If I have preferred tradespeople, will they be used?
Yes, but in your best interests, we will always ensure they are qualified for the job and have adequate and appropriate insurance cover.
8. Will the format of my monthly statements change?
Yes, we have a different management software system. A sample statement can be viewed here.
9. Can Leah Jay provide end of year statements?
Yes, end of year statements will be issued in June of each year.