If you’ve found a property you want to apply for, you need to:
- Book an inspection to view the property.
Please note that due to the unfolding situation with COVID-19, all residential inspections are now being conducted by virtual video inspection. You must inspect the property via the virtual video prior to applying for a property.
- Complete the online application form via the ‘Apply for this Property’ button featured on each property advertising
- This includes a Tenancy Reference Check, which will help us confirm your rental history. Our Tenancy Application Checklist may assist you.
- The Tenant Information Statement is also available from the Department of Fair Trading which outlines what you must know before you start renting.
Helpful information when applying for a property with Leah Jay
- Before your application can be approved you must inspect the property
- You can list up to four properties on one application form. You can also ask for the application to be used for any other available properties you find
- We will contact you as soon as possible to inform you whether your application has been successful or unsuccessful
- If approved for a property, you will then have 24 hours to secure it by paying a holding deposit.
Things to know when applying to rent a property
Properties are often leased very quickly
You may even find they go before you get time to put an application in. In order to turn properties around rapidly and to inform people looking at the property, the process is expedited as quickly as possible. Despite our best efforts to prevent disappointment and frustration, it may be unavoidable.
Sometimes applications are held up
Whilst we process applications as quickly as possible, there can be delays. This might be due to the number of applications received or because we are required to wait for final approval from the owners. We do genuinely understand the anxiety and frustration of house-hunting, so we try our best to help where we can.
What can you do?
If you find a property you really want, submit your application immediately and make sure you include as much information as possible. This will maximise your chance of securing the property.
Your preferred appointment times are not always available
If you cannot make the allocated open for inspection time, please let our team know and if they can accommodate you they will.
Are you new to the area?
Have a look at our Suburb Profiles section. Simply enter the factors that are important to you and you will be presented with images and information about suburbs that fit your criteria.
For more information, the Department of Fair Trading has produced a New Tenant Checklist, which may provide some helpful information in how to approach your new tenancy.